July 19, 2007
Call to order: Chairman Robert King called meeting of July 19, 2007 to order 7:13 pm at the Orange Boating Club.
Minutes where accepted with a couple of spelling errors.Reports by other members:
- Federal info thought Pete was not at this meeting and there has been no word from Pete. We are hoping by the next meeting we will have some word and information on the models.
- Aug 6 the request will go out to contractors for the building of the Hwy 46 Bridge and the contract will be awarded September or October so the start date can begin in January 2008. The contract will be for 1000 days and it will be a 51 million dollar contract.
- Vivian and Barbara discussed how everyone was looking at the long term plan for Jesup. Funding meet with Senator Constantine took place; he wants to see the inner agency plan. They are working on final language for Senator Constantine, they are hoping to have that complete by September –October. Robert stated he wants to make sure he gets a copy of the draft as he has not seen any draft language as yet.
- BMAP meeting Danny D attended for Friends of Lake Jesup, he stated it was a long agenda took about 3 hours and a lot was discussed, Robert received a copy of the agenda. Local governments are concerned about the money needed. Regina felt Howell creek data of high nutrients coming from Howell to Jesup was a concern. These number of spikes was a Site 10 testing of temporary wells FDEP the middle basin and impaired waters and tributaries coming into Jesup were discussed. Howell Creek and Bear Gully is a high priority concern. A study needs to be completed to see why this is happening. Next BMAP meeting is Aug 8th at 1pm.
- Turnpike is looking for ideas and comments about storm water. They are looking for a project they can hook up with on this issue.
- OCTA (Orange County Transportation Authority) on Airport links; no one has heard when this presentation will be made and what is occurring with those studies.
- DEP is looking a printing educational brochure and they are looking for some ideas on what they print to get information out to the public. Some Suggest thus far was septic, chemical, and lawn fertilizers.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:15