August 16, 2007
Call to order: Chairman Robert King called meeting of August 16, 2007 to order 7:16 pm at the Orange Boating Club.
Minutes where not given out to attendees as printer was broken, they will be reviewed at next months meeting
- BMAP meeting was discussed in length; spoke about reduction goals, dividing up the costs to the municipalities. Trying to recognize where the problem is coming from with water samples taken that are causing concern into Jesup. Hopefully by September the samples from Site 10 will be completed and complied report will be coming forth to this board. Site 10 should be free of sludge dumping and spraying by 2008.
- Orange County Expressway Authority Aug 2007 meeting, Robert attend and picked up maps from the meeting and much was discussed about the different scenarios for a possible expressway way connecting to the new Lake Mary Blvd at the airport up the 415 toward Volusia. The airport invited this group to do a study. This will not go to a public hearing without Volusia County inviting the OCE so this report will stay on the shelf.
- Pete Milam, Army Corp: will be sitting down with Robert in next 30 days to look at models
- Don on Friends of Lake Jesup Web Designer: web site, things are moving along for the new web site and should be available in 30 days for review.
- Ed Hayes, FWC: also attended BMAP meeting.
- Fred Gaines, Turnpike Enterprise: said they where here to help with any project that may need their help from mitigation issues.
- Sherry from St Johns spoke about the finalization of the agency plan for cleaning up Lake Jesup; much was discussed in that briefing. The question was asked once this plan has been completed where will the plan go, will it depend on action from Departments before becoming 'Rule'?
- Barbara Bess, DEP: Attend BMAP also and concurred about the process
Meeting was adjourned at 8:43