Feb 21, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:08 by Chairman Robert King
- Robert gave a brief over view to Mr. and Mrs. Harris; they went on line and found out information about the group and the meeting.
- Feb 21 a meeting with Pete Miliam at St Johns to show modeling on the bridge. (Robert and Deborah will attend that meeting). Army Core will be showing models of hydraulic in lake and flow meters.
- Inner Agency report should be signed by the time Robert goes up to St John, so at that time he hopes to get signed copies of the report and give them a list for mailing. The question was asked, was the letter from Soil and Water letter going to be included, as it was not in draft copy. A press release was spoken about, and all 3 agencies would send out the press release.
- Channels where discussed A, B and C and the different issues and options. Discussion about the bridge height and span was also gone over. The Jonathan Brother has been awarded the contact along with Wilbur Smith and Mizer Marine, the contact for completion is 635 days at a cost of $ 37 million dollars.
- B Map meetings ( TMDLS) Soil & Water samples should be available by our next meeting, to know where site stands. Samples are being reviewed by State DEP.
- Channel C was discussed about the situation of it being sovereign submerged lands and that there needs to be a boat trip out to channel C to review what is there land or phragmites. If it is plant vegetation the hope is that will be removed and water flow will open up natural in that channel. Vivian will set the meeting up with agencies.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:43 pm.