April 15, 2008
Meeting called to order at 7:15 by Chairman Robert KingReports by other members:
- Presentation was given by Amanda the WAVE coordinator of Seminole County , she told about the many programs they have to offer and ask for us to send the information out to our group.
- A second presentation was given by Karen and Jennifer of FDOT, people from Wilber Smith and Johnson Brothers/Misener Marine, where also in attendance to answer any question. The 46 bridge web site is on line. A verity of questions and concerns from the public where addressed by the group. FDOT will be updating the web site as the bridge progresses and we can contact them for any other information needed or to answer any question that many come up over the construction of the new bridge
- Discussion was had about why FDOT is not calling the bridge the George Means Bridge. FDOT stated they must call it by the project name and not the ceremonial name.
- Everyone involved with the bridge project asked us to share with community to slow down through the construction zoning.
- Fred from Turnpike Authority stated once again they are at the table to help out with credits.
- Robert spoke about his trip with the land acquisition folks from St Johns and the list of property that already had an application in for purchase.
- A site trip for channel C is being planned by Barbara B
- Barbara and Robert will review note from the Core meeting
- Site 10 water quality was discussed in length; Robert stated he would update everyone at B MAP to see what direction Sanford would be going on. Sherry reminded everyone that it will be only 2 more years before BMAP is up for review again.
Meeting adjourned 8:45