May 15, 2008
Call to order at 7:12 by Chairman Robert KingReports by other members:
- Minutes where reviewed and accepted
- Discussion of the Lake Jesup Chanel C visit was discussed in length. For those who had not been on the lake they where amazed at the lack of water on the surface of the lake and that most of the time we where on mud. Those who have been on the lake in the past where amazed at the amount of vegetation growth that had taken over places that was once open space.
- Discussion on the last BMAP meeting took place. Much was discussed about the future of Jesup and the BMAP process.
- Robert spoke about the length of time he has been chairman of Friends and how things are starting to transition into a different direction. Robert announced that he plans to resign as Chairman in the fall. He will continue to be involved and support all that friends will continue to. Some of his hopes for the future plans are a lake restoration plan; residents along the lake get involved in that restoration. Working with the county and wav programs to continue educating people on the issues of Lake Jesup. Robert will follow the finalization of the bridge over 46 so that the bridge has an official ribbon cutting with the plaque honor George Means, and the naming of the bridge.
- Don our web designer has committed to say with on as Friends web person to continue updating information on the web site
- US Core of Army Engineers is still finalizing their model for the 1135 project, much discussion is still occurring between them and Friends of Jesup.
Meeting adjourned 8:02